Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 VX110 deluxe and took it out a few weekends ago and had no problems. Last weekend when i took it out once i got out of the marina i went to accelerate and the motor didnt rev past 5000 rpm. It was not in low rpm mode either. I recently changed the battery but had no problem with it before. Nothing was stuck in the intake either. Out of the water the engine revs without a problem to redline. It sat for some time a while ago and thats why i needed to change the battery, but after i changed it the ski ran fine. The only difference i noticed was a stronger smell of gas and a bumpy idle.

I searched through the forums and could not find any info on this. If anyone has any idea on what the problem could be and how it could be fixed please reply. Also if it needs to be taken to a dealer, how much a repair like this might cost.

Greg

·
Registered
9 Posts
Greg13 said:
I have a 2006 VX110 deluxe and took it out a few weekends ago and had no problems. Last weekend when i took it out once i got out of the marina i went to accelerate and the motor didnt rev past 5000 rpm. It was not in low rpm mode either. I recently changed the battery but had no problem with it before. Nothing was stuck in the intake either. Out of the water the engine revs without a problem to redline. It sat for some time a while ago and thats why i needed to change the battery, but after i changed it the ski ran fine. The only difference i noticed was a stronger smell of gas and a bumpy idle.

I searched through the forums and could not find any info on this. If anyone has any idea on what the problem could be and how it could be fixed please reply. Also if it needs to be taken to a dealer, how much a repair like this might cost.

Greg
Greg, sounds like you may have a fouled spark plug. You may want to pull all the plugs and look to see if any of them are sooted up. The other thing that we have ran into on VX110's: One of the iginition coils could go bad and make them run badly on higher rpms. Hope this helps.
If you want more info, go to (Why is it all of your posts are advertising for this place? All posts will now be edited. Do not spam again or else you will be banned. If you want to advertise, then speak with the administrator.)and check with the Service or Sales person.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
problem running vx110 in water

I was wondering if you have fixed it yet and if so what it was. My 2005 vx110 sport has 19.5 hr.'s on it and it has a rough idle and idles a little high. Out of the water it revs all the way up but in the water under load it won't rev all the way up and it will only reach 37 mph.

·
Registered
1 Posts
yamaha vx110 deluxe & stuck in low mode

Hey there,
I have the same problems others are describing with my vx110. It seems stuck in low mode regardless of what i do to get it out. I havent been monitoring RPMS in the water, but it only has 15 hours on it and i cant get it over 37 MPH! It went fine for the first few runs (60 mph) but then, like an idiot, i switched it into low mode to see what that did. Well, i cant get it out of low mode, following the owners manual directions or even disconnecting the battery for hours. she is not really running a high idle or even choppy at low idles, just feels like she is permanently stuck in low mode. any ideas?

·
Registered
4 Posts
'06 Yamaha VX 110 rev and power loss

Same problem with my '06 VX110 @ 72 hours.

Help. Can someone tell me how to test the spark plug ignition modules? Could one of them be failing at 5000 to 6500 RPM which is where my VX can't get past in water.

I had read on another blog that you should never fill the oil past half as there is a problem with the design that lets the extra oil get to the air filter, clogging it. I have done a visual on plugs, three look great, one is a little wet or oily but not bad. I filled the oil too high for the first time this year so now I am suspicious. The air filter looks great but you can't see an oil film and I read somewhere else the filter can blind with mold as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was wondering if you have fixed it yet and if so what it was. My 2005 vx110 sport has 19.5 hr.'s on it and it has a rough idle and idles a little high. Out of the water it revs all the way up but in the water under load it won't rev all the way up and it will only reach 37 mph.[/QUOTE=

Did you happen to find out what the problem was and solve it? My 2006 vx 110 only has 30 hours and is experiencing the same exact symptoms minus the high idle. In the water it will top out at 35 and is sluggish getting there. On the trailer hooked up to the hose it will rev all the way to redline. For kicks I put it in low rpm mode and it runs the exact same. It is if it is stuck in low rpm mode. For some reason I believe the PWC has kicked the governor on. Im not sure why. Any ideas/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts