Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a problem with my 1100 where I turned it up on it's side, but it never flipped completely over. It wouldn't start after that. I had noticed the start button wasn't working properly that day, it took a couple of hits before it would start. After it stopped working, we replaced the starter motor. Now the engine cranks, tries to start, but just keeps turning without turning over. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2 Posts
1 check Plugs
2 Check Fuel filter
3 make sure theres spark to plugs
If theres spark try pouring some fuel down its throat ( Not to Much )
If it tries to fire good chance its a fuel isssue.
Let me know how you go
Trail and error

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've replaced the plugs. Haven't checked the fuel system yet. It's just not getting a spark. I've been told it could be the computer.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I know it's been a while since I've updated. I have still not figured out the problem and it's just been sitting for a while. I'm taking it up to Cycle Sports Center this week or next week to get it fixed for the summer. I'll let everyone know what it turned out to be.

Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Please let me know what the issue was

We bought a 2002 Kawasaki 1100 stx D.I. last August. used it 5-6 times worked great. We took it out for first time this year and it ran for 30 minutes and same thing you are describing is happening.

We took to Kawasaki dealer and they do not have the updated software to run diagnostic check on our year model...:( They are thinking it is the computer as well $1500.00 to fix. :mad: BUT, they are not sure if this is what is is for certain. So, we are taking it to a place where they have the equipment to run diagnostic check on our year model.

Thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We bought a 2002 Kawasaki 1100 stx D.I. last August. used it 5-6 times worked great. We took it out for first time this year and it ran for 30 minutes and same thing you are describing is happening.

We took to Kawasaki dealer and they do not have the updated software to run diagnostic check on our year model...:( They are thinking it is the computer as well $1500.00 to fix. :mad: BUT, they are not sure if this is what is is for certain. So, we are taking it to a place where they have the equipment to run diagnostic check on our year model.

Thanks!
It turned out to be the ignitor box and the #2 and #3 solenoids. $800 to fix it at a local dealer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts