Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my Kawasaki Ultra 250X the other day and it just started bogging down during brake-in. Brought it back to the dealer and said that it gave a code 44. I did not talk to the tech but he could not tell me what was wrong. He said that it only asked for the re-setting of the ECU. What does this mean? I need help since this is the first ski I have owned and I do not want this to ditch me in the middle of the ocean. Thanks. lol

·
Registered
38 Posts
Reseting the ECU is sort of like the reset button on a calculator. I would call Kawasaki direct if possible, it sounds like your dealer isn't clear on what's going on, I would have thought that you could have reset the ECU at the dealership.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took the Ski back from my dealership today and I will try to run it this weekend. I feel that if this happens again that I would try to return the Ski and have it replaced with a new one. I only put an hour on it. They did reset the ECU and tested it in the water with no problems. We'll see. Does Kawasaki have an 800# for this sort of problems?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I will try the Ski this weekend and if the problem comes up again I will call them up and bring the the Ski back to the dealership and demand for my money back or give me a new Ski.lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update

Took out the Ski this weekend and she ran flawless. So far so good. I used up all 20 gal with no problems. It still bothers me a bit and still not 100% comfortable but maybe it is fine now. Thanks for everybody's input and help.:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts