Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have this strange issue with my new waverunner, it seems as when I'm running water through it the engine is hitting some kind of a limiter (see video)

YouTube - Yamaha Waverunner III 650 W/ Water

However when I remove the water hose it takes the engine a few seconds but it starts revving normally again...

YouTube - Yamaha Waverunner III 650 w/o Water

Any ideas what could cause this issue? This jet ski has a brand new engine...

Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
94silver did you fix it.

Mine does the exact same thing. Did you fix it. I can tell you what I did so you may want to skip it. New carb, coil, plugs, wires all new fuel lines, new fuel filter. Checked the reeds, look new. though this sounds like a fuel delivery issue it may not be since i put all new on. What did you find 94silver, need your help please?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine does the exact same thing. Did you fix it. I can tell you what I did so you may want to skip it. New carb, coil, plugs, wires all new fuel lines, new fuel filter. Checked the reeds, look new. though this sounds like a fuel delivery issue it may not be since i put all new on. What did you find 94silver, need your help please?
Since I got no help from the forums I figure I at least help you. My issue was the thermal sensor that is located in the head by the spark plugs.. after I change that the issue went away all together.. the sensor is about $ 90 shipped.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts