Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to jet skis. brand new to this forum. i was drinkin beer with a guy and he had this old stand up kawasaki sittin there so i asked him what he was going to do with it? he said he'd sell it. so i said i'd buy it if it started. well we put in a battery and splashed a little gas down the carb and she fired so i loaded it up and took it home. i pulled the gas tank out and dumped all the old gas out, put new gas in, greased every zerk i could find looked over to see if anything obvious was amiss and went to the lake. it pulled pretty hard (i would assume) for a 300 right out of the gate. but after a bit it got really doggy. just stumbled over itself everytime the throttle was squeezed. got it up on the bank and ran it there. looked like a lot of water was coming out of the exhaust and then it straightened up again. back into the water and it pulled hard again. then dogged out, then pulled hard. bounced over my wake and it sputtered again. took it home and called around. first guy that would answer said rebuild the carb and replace the rubber hosing. so my questions are, does that sound right to you all and where is a good place to get parts? thanks for all your help, i think this thing is gonna be alotta fun once i get all pieces ironed out!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
as far as i can tell from the internet i'm looking for a mikuni carb rebuild kit? i've been told to stay away from amazon kits cuz, c'mon its amazon. the hoses to swap out. looks like regular 1/4 in hose. is there a special type of hose or can i use any lawnmower gas line stuff that you can buy at tsc?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Water is supposed to come out the exhaust. That is how it is cooled. Water line from pump/impeller housing forces cooling water into the engine ... which then exits through the exhaust. Partzilla will get you the correct kit number ... and then check places like ebay for the kit. Have fun .... love those standup skis ! !

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks, i've got the carb kit on the way. trying to find the tubing and probably a fuel filter element. been thinking about getting the clymer manual for this thing. prolly a good idea to spring for that i think. i'm gonna start cruising the vintage pages. thanks again for your help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts