Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:dunno:I have a 04 F-12x and it runs great. I purchased it last yr with 100 hrs on it for 4,000. I never had a 4 stroke so this is all new to me. I have a top speed of about 66mph. My problem is I cant get out of the hole. When I nail it out of the whole I get a stutter. (sounds like a air pocket) soon I get it up on plain it takes off like a rocket. Is there a ride plate that I can put on to help me out of the hole?

·
Registered
91 Posts
These Hondas are known for not having great holeshots. Blame it on cavitation or turbo lag. I don't think a ride plate will help much with getting out of the hole, so I would look at the Solas Concorde 17/29 impeller instead.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply. What drives me nuts is all of these smaller skis are taking me out of the hole and by time I catch up to them it's to late. The ultra 150's are killing me on the bottom end.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Thanks for your reply. What drives me nuts is all of these smaller skis are taking me out of the hole and by time I catch up to them it's to late. The ultra 150's are killing me on the bottom end.
Ya, but just keep going 'til they run out of fuel, then go flying past them at 60 mph & keep riding for another hour.
:D

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
That's not too bad. I just noticed today that my neighbor has a Honda jet ski. I need to see which house he lives at because I would like to check it out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts