Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am new to posting on this forum, but have been reading through the topics for the past month or so. I have finally decided to pull the trigger on a jetski (My first one) -- I have pretty much decided on the 2011 Yamaha VXR. It seems to have all of the features I would like. The only ones who will be riding it are me and my wife.

Now the question comes down to price -- Looking at the Yamaha website, the msrp on the VRX is $11,199. I figure this is without the trailer/taxes/dealer prep fees. Do you think it is possible in this economy to get a 'out-the-door' price of under 11,000 on this jetski? Any tips on how to negotiate this price? :)

·
Registered
811 Posts
I know for a fact that pwc sales are slow, at least in the Mid-atlantic. My dealer has moved very few skis. A new Load Rite single place galvanized trailer for $700.00 all day long. I aways got a discount off msrp.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Dealer in KY quoted 10,500 for the ski, plus taxes and other fees. I think the out the door was around 11,400 (6% sales tax)
Bummer Delaware has no sales tax :appl:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your help!

I struggled for a while on which craft to get -- The VXR or the Seadoo GTX 155. The VXR seems to be a little quicker, but has less optional features. Anything I should know that may sway my decision?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ive had my VXR for 4 weekends now, and have put 28 hours on it. Best PWC purchase I have made since my 96 Sea Doo XP. Super fast machine, excellent fuel economy, and my favorite aspect is it is super light! I live down in Alabama and straight out of the box mine stays at 72 mph (this past weekend I had a tough time hitting 69 b/c of Memorial Day it was like riding on the freaking Time Bandit) On calm water there isnt a stock boat on the water that will beat you on it, but once in chop the light weight will cause you to lose a few with the heavier Sea Doos. My father and I own and operate a Powersports Dealership and I know for a fact Yamaha has put a lot of empasis on selling this unit, so they are really pushing them on dealers. You can prob get close to that 11k before taxes. Hope all that helps!

·
Registered
811 Posts
Ive had my VXR for 4 weekends now, and have put 28 hours on it. Best PWC purchase I have made since my 96 Sea Doo XP. Super fast machine, excellent fuel economy, and my favorite aspect is it is super light! I live down in Alabama and straight out of the box mine stays at 72 mph (this past weekend I had a tough time hitting 69 b/c of Memorial Day it was like riding on the freaking Time Bandit) On calm water there isnt a stock boat on the water that will beat you on it, but once in chop the light weight will cause you to lose a few with the heavier Sea Doos. My father and I own and operate a Powersports Dealership and I know for a fact Yamaha has put a lot of empasis on selling this unit, so they are really pushing them on dealers. You can prob get close to that 11k before taxes. Hope all that helps!
Can't wait to let you know how close the VXR is to my 2006 Seadoo RXT heh, heh, heh,:062:

Does that include the FZR?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Im still stock, so I'd prob get a good look at your wake for now. haha.
I gotta let the funds build back up before I get either a riva or R&D Performance Kit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey,

I was checking prices for new 2011 VXR in Chicagoland and near states, and so far I locate one dealer with :appl:$10,099 +tax (no prep charges:cheeky4:)

This Yama dealer has one price policy :2thumbsup:. :party-smiley-
2011 Yamaha VXR Information Highlands Yamaha

Or you can try to negotiate 020::violent-smiley-028:

Send me privet for info

1 - 9 of 9 Posts