Registered
144 Posts
I just scanned the fuel line diagram for you. I hope this helps.:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Well i had 2 fuel lines wrong. She fired up this moring and out to lake superior i went. After jumpin it with a car batery a few times we managed to jet the idleing tuned in and tokk of for a ride. My friend rode first and then we checked plugs for mixture. Everything looked good so I took it out. Was deffenetly something new. I was able to turn decent sometimes but i fell a lot. Luckilly i know how to hang on and keep er wide open so it wouldnt stall which is bad if your battery is junk. We rode a full tank through it and then after a fall and stall we lost wide open abillity. It starts and idles fine but wont wind up. It bogs out and sounds like and engine if you have just started it cold and open the throttle. We toyed with it and finally gave up.
Anyone have good ideas as to what it could be? Im wondering if something worked up into the carb.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Hah. Ran it 20minutes on a carb rebuild and now its time again? Im not denying it but i dont think anything got from the fuel filter through the new 5" line to the carb. I sure hope i dont have to tear it down again. Whe i rebuilt it all the passages were clear and free.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Did any water get into the fuel or carbs? Have you checked the fuel filter? I had this problem for a bit with my SJ. Turned out i neglected to empty the air vent filter.

Also i know your on a tight budget but you may want to think about rebuilding the carb with a new overhaul kit from mikuni. Spend the extra 10notes and buy a genuine kit (some of the aftermarket ones are cr*p).

You can pick up a repair manual cd on ebay for a couple of bucks.

Good luck.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
The rebuild kit was a genuine mikuni kit. I get dealer prices on stuff so it was cheap. To be honest i havent touched the thing lately. its been in the 30s here and im busy so i put it in the basement. If its nice this weekend i'll try to toy with it. winters knockin on the door. Thanks for the tip though.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts