·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
11 Posts
Kwik Tek HH-P1B Hull Hugr PWC Fender

They look very similar to what I bought for my Yamaha VX Cruiser last year. I bought the Kwik Tek HH-P1B Hull Hugr PWC Fender from Amazon:
Amazon.com: Kwik Tek HH-P1B Hull Hugr PWC Fender (Black): Sports & Outdoors

They work pretty well, with one at the back of the PWC hooked to the ski rope eye, and the other (using the rubber block instead of the hook) around the mirror and tucked in to the front storage area. I wish I had a third that I could put in the middle, but I would probably have to lift the seat to hook it, and not sure I want to mess with that.

I keep them in storage and hook them up when I need to dock. Pretty quick and easy to use.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I agree with IDEagleEye. The Hull Hugr fenders will probably work the best for what you are using them for. I've got some with suction cups, but they are a PITA to get off once you put them on.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Cheap Bumpers

No problem Artic, do like the good ole boys do it in Cecil County MD, measure your side rails and cut lengths of swimming pool noodles, the n slice em open length wise which will grip the side rails lol. Then use the rest as danglers for the side.:laugh::appl: Cheap, Ghetto, but effective:dunno: GITERDONE

Here is another on line source in case you didn't like the first suggestion here is this one: watercraftsuperstore.net

See ya
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I ended up getting both. I'll let you know what works best. Might try the noodle too.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I used to use those first ones you posted, but I now have the ones that Eagleeye posted with my new ski and I like them better.
I am really surprised that yamaha does not plan out where to tie these things to on your ski better, I have a hard time finiding a good place to tie these things two myself, I got ride of the ties that came with them both stock and now have bungies on them that I streach and hook in a couple places, but it would be nice if it there was a better way, sometimes it takes me awhile to get bumpers on and tied to the dock, in busy locations you have to use bumpers or it tears your ski up pretty bad, I got pictures.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The 1st set came as a pair the kwik tech were sold individually. I got a pair of each type. I don't like the fact that the kwik ones have steel hooks. Don't want rust stains in my storage compartment

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, well let me first say that I was wrong about the 1st ones coming as a pair. :laugh: I got ONE and the good thing is that there's ony 1 place on the RXT where it seems like that thing will secure to the boat and that is right where the side rail get lower which doesn't seem far enough forward on it to do any good. I cannot see how the included suction cup does any good other than saving the bumper from floating away should it fall off the rail :dunno: This thing seems really well built and it's made by Taylor Made which seems like a reputable company. If they just fit in better spots on my ski, I would DEFINATELY prefer these.
yellow bumper.jpg

The black ones are very nice and it took a little fidgeting to figure out how & where it's best to put them and tighten them up. They are a little more comlicated but they are also very versitile. The overall quality is probably slightly lower than the yellow one. There is a plastic "L" bracket that hooks up under the rail of the ski and you pull it up tight with the adjustable straps. I was pleased to find that you can remove the steel "S" hooks if you do not like them and they also have a rubber block that you can shut inside compartments to hold them. This is the locations that I found to be best.
rear bumper.jpg

For the front I think I'm going to put the rubber block inside the front cargo box and cinch it down that way.
front bumper.jpg
bumper block.jpg

I have not water tested any of these yet. Will follow up after that happens.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Well the first ones you have there are the ones I used forever with my older ski, they did ok, but I replaced the suction cups with cords that I made the right lengh to hook on to certain places on my ski, on the front I hooked aroudn the mirror, which works but always wished there was a better place on the front of my Yamaha ski to hook too. These are well made, but are inflated with air with a air pump and I have had them crack and let the air out.

The newer black one you have there are what I use on my new ski, I got rid of the strapes that came with mine and bought 2 short bungie cords that work better I think, definitly faster to hook up, cause you just streach to the back hook just like you have yours hooked up on the back. But on the front I tried it like you have it pictured there and if I pushed the bumper towards teh front at all it would just move very easily, so I do not see how putting that rubber thing inside the front compartment will really hold the bumper in place, it did not on mine very well. I now hook the bungie in the front to where my front compartment lid attaches, it is very sturdy there but I can not shut my front compartment when its hooked up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts