Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

I am new to this forum. I recently bought a cabin. Come july the weeds have gotten so bad I cannot use my jetski. IS there anyting i can do to the jetski itself to block the sucking up of weeds. or is there anything I can do th lake?

One more question.

I have only ran my jetski approximetly 5 minutes enough to get it plugged up by weeds. Will i still need to winterize it for this winter storage(I live in South dakota)

Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
There are things you can do to treat the weeds. I live on a lake and we get stuff in the mail about weed control, etc but we really dont have a problem so Ive not really looked into it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
1) Check if you're state allows it (it should, since i live in Minnesota and they do), and find out what is the best weed poisoner/stubber thats also eco-friendly. Or you can go down and cut them yourself. Or if its not too far out where the weeds clear, swim the ski out there.

2) I don't know enough about winterization to pass judgement on this one, but i'd take it to a pro (although they'll probably say yes just to get your business).

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yes, you need to winterize it! in that 5 minutes water has made it into the cooling ports in you exhaust- your gonna need to run some antifreeze through for sure!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts