Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have two of the manual type PWC lifts mounted to my dock to get my skis out of the water. They both are they type that has the large wheel you crank to raise the lift.

Is there a way to convert these to an electric winch or some way to make them easier to lift? Right now, it takes quite a bit of strength to raise them.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I would think with a bit of work the hand wheel winch assembly could be replaced with a 12v electric winch and put a battery on a small solar panel to keep it charged.

I used an ATV winch from harbor freight set up this way for lifting deer in an old barn with no electric. Just put a small solar panel on roof and an old deep cycle battery. Worked great. The winch is capable of lifting 2500 lbs and has a remote control fob. For about $70. $15/20 for small panel. May be able to get everything from harbor freight.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just bought 1500 pound winch to try to mount on it. If it works, I'll buy another for the other lift.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It looks like you posted 2 pictures. But I can't see them. I tried both Internet Explorer and Chrome, and both on my pc, cell phone, but the pictures just don't come up.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It looks like you took off the old manual winch with the housing and bolted the new electric winch there? Nicely done.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bassadict69, how does it work for you?
Where did you get winch?
I bought 1500lb ATV winches from Harbor Freight. So far, they seem to work great! Only thing I would like different is to be able to unplug the remote for it to keep in a dry place when not in use. I just ordered winch covers for them and hopefully the remote will fit in the cover. They would probably be ok exposed to weather, but why chance it if I don't have to?

I finished the second lift today, you'd think it would have went smoother but the bolts on it were rustier than the first one!

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Bassadict69, how does it work for you?
Where did you get winch?
I bought 1500lb ATV winches from Harbor Freight. So far, they seem to work great! Only thing I would like different is to be able to unplug the remote for it to keep in a dry place when not in use. I just ordered winch covers for them and hopefully the remote will fit in the cover. They would probably be ok exposed to weather, but why chance it if I don't have to?

I finished the second lift today, you'd think it would have went smoother but the bolts on it were rustier than the first one!
Cool, glad it worked out for you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts