Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 1999 Kawasaki Ultra 150. Haven't even ridden it yet!! Any things I need to look out for? Can you tow anybody or anything behind it with no probs (ie tube, wakeboard, ski)? What is the maintenance on these things? Got it for a grand and it only has 52 hours on it!!! Is there a break in period? Thanks for all the help!!:):thumbsup:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Newb myself, but I can try to answer some of your questions. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. :)

As far as a break-in period, your's has 52 hours so it's way past any break-in period.

As for towing, I think regulations vary some. I know that here in Arkansas, you have to have a 3-seater in order to pull someone. The total rider limit (driver, spotter, skier, etc) cannot exceed 3 people. I don't know how many your's is rated for.

As for what to look out for....Did you test drive it before purchase? How long was since it's been used? Just like any engine, some maintenance may need to be done depending on how it was cared for and when it was last ridden.

Hope this helps some.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Just picked up a 1999 Kawasaki Ultra 150. Haven't even ridden it yet!! Any things I need to look out for? Can you tow anybody or anything behind it with no probs (ie tube, wakeboard, ski)? What is the maintenance on these things? Got it for a grand and it only has 52 hours on it!!! Is there a break in period? Thanks for all the help!!:):thumbsup:
Whats up newbie Huh? :welcome:I agree that your break in period is way over. In answer to your towing question, you are supposed to have a three seat ski. As far as towing capacity is concerned i think 200 lb in a tube is a fair estimate. I doubt you can pull a skier. Surely not a slalom skier. A wake bord should be ok but why wakeboard behind a ski there is no wake. Anyway good luck.

See Ya:jester:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the info. guys. Just got it registered today. Gonna take it out this weekend for a shakedown trip. Do you guys premix a little bit of oil with gas eventhough you have the automatic oil injection tank? I just want to be sure that the engine is getting some good lubrication. I may lose a little horsepower with premixing a little bit (ie 75:1) but I don't think I'll really notice it with a 145 HP ski!!!:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am in the processing of trying to buy some Pwc's and know nothing about them. I did find a pair of 2006 VX110 Yamaha Waverunners w/ trailer but they have 450 and 500+ hours. What is normal hour usage? Seems a bit high to me.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I am in the processing of trying to buy some Pwc's and know nothing about them. I did find a pair of 2006 VX110 Yamaha Waverunners w/ trailer but they have 450 and 500+ hours. What is normal hour usage? Seems a bit high to me.
The VX is the most popular ski for rental places to use. Those hours look like what I'd expect from a rental. 500+ hours is possible for an individual owner in 4 years, but you don't see many individuals put that many hours on a ski that quick.

The VX is a good starter ski, but I'd look for some with lower hours, unless they are giving them away for a great price.

·
Registered
4 Posts
initially I thought it was a good price for 2 and trailer but after I noticed the hours, I don't think so. Wants $8500.0 for pair but says somewhat negotiable. what is a fair price?

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Its hard to price skis with that many hours. I'd say $8000 would probably be a pretty good deal if they were non-rental skis. If they were rentals, I'd have to go lower, cause those things get totally abused. Keep in mind that at the 500 hour mark you are getting to a point where parts start to wear out and break, so be prepared for some repair costs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks Ernest T. kinda what I'm thinking. just looking for some for the girls to play on but don't need something else to break down. LOL Have a great night!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts