Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a home with a davit. It is around 3000lbs so plenty for my Ski which is just a Spark 2UP. However, I am looking at slings all of them so far say not for storage. I would love to be able to hoist up the Ski and leave it there most of the week until the weekend fun. It is a salt water channel so I would rather not leave it in the water to collect barnacles.

So my question, is there a type of cradle or sling system designed to hold up a Ski on a davit?

Thanks in advance, also my first post so apologies up front if this is in the wrong area.

--Greg
Nokomis FL

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link. I did troll around my neighbors and found that a couple of them had taken the bunks from something like that and just hoisted the ski onto the bunks that were sitting on the dock. I will look into that. Still odd they don't make anything for a davit. Guess davits are old school now.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have used a sling like at the weblink below, which hooks the edges of the hull, but just to lift it to transfer from a truck to cart, etc. I don't think I would want to leave it hanging in midair all week, unless you made, or someone made, a sling that went all the way around and under the hull. I would just swing it over and let it rest on the dock or a wheeled cart as mentioned above.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts