Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm wondering if anyone knows of any stereo systems that can be installed in a waverunner. whether you can buy them in stores or order them, or if you just have to have them custom installed. if anyone has any information on this, it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you. haha, well i thought the purpose of "waterproof" was that water couldn't mess them up. i'm not looking for something crazy, just something i could listen to music with.

·
Registered
5 Posts
just go to any marine dealer and they supply them - any auto electrician can fit them - make sure the speakers are water proof to!

·
Registered
25 Posts
A marine stereo is not fully waterproof... nor are the speakers..

There is only one that I know of that has truly waterproof speakers and a truly waterproof amp. It also has a jack for you to plu your ipod/mp3 player into.

It is designed specifically for PWC's.

It is sold by us in Australia at Full Wave Marine

·
Registered
25 Posts
You gotta convince your Dad harder!!!

They are an excellent high quality product!

·
Registered
25 Posts
FXHighoutput90,

Have you convinced your Dad yet?

·
Registered
2 Posts
stereo

I have installed a system in my 08 RXP 215 2 tweeteres,2 3.5 inch speakers and one 7 inch, using a clarion cms1 headunit . it works awsome and pumps real good . I will post pictures as soon as i load them off of my black berry

·
Registered
3 Posts
My install plans, advice needed :p

So yes I have seen a few post about stereo systems. After looking at the expensive one people were talking about and browsing rocktheboataudio.com I determined that buying a stereo system cheaper and with certain specifications, would work just fine. So Yes I understand it they advertise waterproof and may or may not be waterproof, the inside of my jet ski stays pretty dry, I ride a Yamaha Deluxe.

What I bought was...
STEREO: Jensen MSR2007 AM/FM/iPod® Controller Sirius®, Satellite Ready 160 Watts Marine Stereo, Jensen MSR2007 AM/FM/iPod® Controller Sirius®, Satellite Ready 160 Watts Marine Stereo

SPEAKERS: Kenwood KFC1653MRG Gray 6 1/2" Coaxial 150 Watts
Kenwood KFC1653MRG Gray 6 1/2" Coaxial 150 Watts (pair) Waterproof Marine Speakers

Also a waterproof remote for use up to 100 feet.

I plan on having a separate power loop, where I will trickle charge it in my house, and have a few spare batteries depending on how much use I want, speakers will be placed in the sides of the jet ski and the battery in the very open spot next to my other battery. Any parts inside that are metal exposed and wiring will be caulked or sealed for further protection from possible splashes inside the hull, My concern is mounting the amp so that it is shock resistant and that would probably be the most harmful thing to it, the amp housing is rated ipx66 so it will be ok inside the hull, but I need some ideas to prevent shock damage.

I will take pictures and such I plan to install the system in a few months, I have the system sitting at home.

·
Registered
6 Posts
2009 FX HO Stereo Install...

I just got done putting in a stereo on my FX HO. I had been trying to figure out an eloquent solution for speakers and just couldnt. I had cut holes in the sides of my GP1200R up front and it worked pretty good but my new ski is jst continous curves everywhere so that wasnt going to work.

I had seen the full wave system but for 600 buck i figured i coud do something for way less.

Heres what I bought

Poly-Planar MA3013 Gray 3 " dual cone marine speakers
Poly-Planar ME-50 Marine Audio Amplifier
Poly-Planar MS551 Compact Box Subwoofer w/ Amplifier
SPST Toggle swith for turing amps on and off.

It took me the past two days but it was worth it. The sub fits EXACTLY under the aluminum seat support and I made some custom brackets to hold it in place. The speakers fit PERFECTLY and almost look factory once you dissassemble and take out the mirrors.

Im taking it out tomorrow so ill take more of the finished product. Still plastic shaving in these pics.

DSC08382.jpg

DSC08392.jpg

DSC08390.jpg

DSC08385.jpg

·
Registered
6 Posts
2009 FX HO Stereo Install...first ride....

Well my buddy and I took a spin on the Okechobee Waterway today and it was sweet. I love that ride because not many people know about it and the boat trafiic is nil as was today. You end up at Port Myaca and the locks to Lake Okeechobee....one Big A__ Lake.

The stereo worked as I expected...at full speed you could hear it OK but it helped if you knew the tunes :). BUT, while parked along the river bank and at lower speed it really sounded great. Need to figure out a way to port the sub to the outside safely. Once on the riverside i took off the back little compartment and the sub was really filling it in nicely.

Anyways, this is the way to go for a clean stereo istall for all you yamaha riders out there. I looked at some Seadoos and Im betting there are others apps for this set-up.

more to come...check the pics.

Live to ride...ride to live.

Peace out.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Curves are easy to overcome, search for Cannedbeefy on you tube, I have 2 deferent videos, one is with 4 x 6 inchers and 2 x 6 incherx and 2 x 6 by 9 inchers in the second video, can hear them @ 200meters, battery is 26 amp hour and last all day.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Didnt want a bunch of thru-hull penetrations...

Well I ride my ski in the Atlantic Ocean quite a bit so I didnt want to take the chane that a wave could punch out the foam and cone and then have a gaping hole in the front of my ski. Thats why I said "Eloquent" in my previous post.

My set up looks factory and still sounds good. I dont need to hear it a mile away and Im sure nobody else wants to hear my music either.

Im trying to find a good battery for it and it sounds like you may have. What kind did you get ? Is is a sealed lead acid ? I want to wire it so I could use it if I had a low starter battery....sort of like the dual batteries on my boat.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well I ride my ski in the Atlantic Ocean quite a bit so I didnt want to take the chane that a wave could punch out the foam and cone and then have a gaping hole in the front of my ski. Thats why I said "Eloquent" in my previous post.

My set up looks factory and still sounds good. I dont need to hear it a mile away and Im sure nobody else wants to hear my music either.

Im trying to find a good battery for it and it sounds like you may have. What kind did you get ? Is is a sealed lead acid ? I want to wire it so I could use it if I had a low starter battery....sort of like the dual batteries on my boat.
Well for starters I ride mine in Gulf Of Mexico, and I even submarine my jetski and ride full speed taking waves into the speakers. The pair I had lasted 4 months (kenwood 6.5 inchers)$120 for all 4, They still work but I upgraded to higher volume speakers for the same power usage (higher efficeancy)inifinities, $205 for my set of 4. The amp I use you can get off ebay for 99$ new, or rock the boat audio for $125 new.

I used a sealed gel cel battery from west marine was about $130 for 26 amp hour, 26 pounds and about 6 by 6 by 8 tall or somthing, on my 160 Watt amp it last about 8 hours. I now use a optima 55 amp hour battery (55pounds)10x6x7 or so, due to some added electronics on my jetski and the possibility of a second amp and sub.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the Batty info....

Im trying to tuck it under a shelf in the back of my FX HO but it cant be very tall.

Where did you locate it ? Tie down methods ?

Thanks again for sharing the info.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts