Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I'm new to the forum and PWC's.

I'm looking to buy a 2010 VX Cruiser. I've heard they're reliable and great on gas, which is all good, but whats the power like? Does it have enough power to pull a skier/tuber/wakeboarder? All I've ever owned was powerboats, but I'm on a smaller/shallower lake now so PWC's seem like a more attractive choice.

Thanks!

Canuck

·
Registered
30 Posts
A VX will pull a skier. Check your local regulations - some require a passenger (spotter) on board if pulling a skier/tube.

The VX will have difficulty carrying a passenger AND pulling a ski at the same time.

·
Registered
40 Posts
It wont have a problem pulling anyhting, my 90hp waverunner 760 never has trouble and the vx has 110hp.
The general rule is that you have a rear facing spotter and the ski be able to support carrying all passengers and the person being towed. It will not have a problem doing so though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i have a 2008 vx deluxe and we always have two on the waverunner when pulling someone, no problems, we tube, ski, and kneeboard behind it, plenty of power, the low rpm mode is very nice as well for pulling someone

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ended up buying a brand new, out of the crate, '09 Black VX. Should be good times. Thanks again guys!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts