Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1997 GP1200V and the rubber shaft coupling is destroyed. Does anyone know how to replace this and if I need any special tools? I dont have a repair manual for it so I am kind of in the dark with this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one? I really dont want to take this to a dealership. I am thinking I can just undo the 4 engine mounts and lift the engine forward about 2 inches to get the old damaged one out and the new one in. Would pictures help?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can do that. It's better than taking the pump and shafts out.
Thanks. I picked up an engine hoist from a relative today. I am taking out the 4 engine mounts in the morning. I'm actually amazed at how easy it is so far. I cant believe dealerships charge so much to work on watercraft. What a rip off. Thanks again. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
285 Posts
pulling the pump out is just as easy, 10mm bolts to remove and slide the shaft back, install the dampaning coupler and slide it back together, while you have the pump off good time to take a dremil to the prop blades and take off any sharp edges. And inspect the bearing while your at it. NOTE: Employees cost alot to employ you have to charge a fair price because insurance, wages and taxes, maintaince, training and upkeep on a business arn't cheep.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Yep, our shop price is $80 an hour but we have many certifications, utilities, supplies and such to pay for. These pumps can be a pain since the ride plate, reduction nozzle, steering cone, jet pump and shaft have to all be taken off and sometimes the hull inserts strip. Plus, don't these have an intermediate shaft also? I can't rememeber but have found that moving the engine forward an inch is best for me. Should work out fine for ya.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts