Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Have just purchased myself a Kawasaki ZXi 1100 and have a couple of questions.

Firstly the Ski itself is in outstanding condition except for the following

Near the Jetpump outlet at the back of the Ski, the Gelcoat on the right hand side of the ski is gone and is back to the fibreglass - what could cause this? Its actually not on the underside of body, rather the recess where the jetpump lives (near the protection plate) - any idea's?

Second question - I notice on the back of the ski, both sides that small cracks are appearing which run around the rubber mold (above the water line near the rear motor cover) - should I be worried about these or are they normal for this model Ski?

Third question - does anyone know where I can get a Factory Service manual (as I would like to know ht lubicate the flywheel etc)

Thanks everyone and sorry for the long post!

Shane

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don't know what would cause the gelcoat to fall off other than hitting something, but the smaller cracks sound like spider cracks and they are common on older boats and skis. They are usually caused by the expanding and contracting of the gelcoat due to different temperatures, and are nothing to worry about.

you can order a repair manual online, they are usually about 20 bucks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great - thanks for the info

Any idea where I can get them online? I dont even mind a PDF copy if someone has one?

Thanks
Shane

1 - 6 of 6 Posts