Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,.

I'm looking at a 2001 SUV 1200. Use would be cruising, water sports and even a bit of camping. I am new to wave runners and have a few basic questions:
  • Engine has just been replaced, this is a good thing - right?
  • Current owner is premixing to bypass oil pump. Should have have pump serviced or keep it simple with premixing?
  • Any feedback on this model would be great.

Thanks!

John
Rochester, NY

·
Registered
811 Posts
In regards to pre-mixing oil vs oil injection. Oil injection is always better for at least two reasons. The only time you need a 50:1 oil ratio is at maximum throttle. For instance at an idle the oil pump is probably mixing oil at 100:1. So 50:1 at an idle it will use more oil and foul more plugs. I also would be concerned about the battery.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for reply

Outlaw,

Thanks for the reply. Can you share some more about the battery? Like it might need to be replaced or something else?

I am reading a lot about premixing and that seems to be one of the concerns - to rich a mixture for idling. Also, making sure you have the right mix to begin with. Others swear by it as the best engine insurance out there. But if you replace the oil lines, fix the pump and watch oil consumption to make sure it is getting in there would that be enough?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts