Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have used it several times with no issues in the past year, just the other day I took it out and rode for an hour and the F1 light came on. Now it has very poor acceleration, will not do over 30 and every so often it will have spurts of full power then bog right back down as fast as it starts. Checked all the plugs they are clean and firing prperly, Cooling system is wide open, fuel is fresh 93 octane, oil is at proper level. I am lost as to what this could be and i would like to try to save a few hundred dollars if I can avoid bringing it to a dealer. any advice on weather this might be a common issue or an easy fix?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have read alot of the posts on this site about the turbo skis and it seems alot of them have similar problems but not the same exact one. The dealer jokingly said there are no common issues on these. That said My ski is very clean with minimal rust on the turbo. Wastegate system is clean as a whistle. not sure that would be the problem as it seems dirty ones sometimes are. any thoughts?

·
Registered
811 Posts
I have read alot of the posts on this site about the turbo skis and it seems alot of them have similar problems but not the same exact one. The dealer jokingly said there are no common issues on these. That said My ski is very clean with minimal rust on the turbo. Wastegate system is clean as a whistle. not sure that would be the problem as it seems dirty ones sometimes are. any thoughts?
There is a bunch of posts in the Honda forum. Biggest problem seems to be lack of maintenance to the actuator rod connected to the waste gate. Without proper lubrication after EACH USE the rod get corroded and gummed up there by making the waste gate not open and close properly.

Good luck with that:confused:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have used it several times with no issues in the past year, just the other day I took it out and rode for an hour and the F1 light came on. Now it has very poor acceleration, will not do over 30 and every so often it will have spurts of full power then bog right back down as fast as it starts. Checked all the plugs they are clean and firing prperly, Cooling system is wide open, fuel is fresh 93 octane, oil is at proper level. I am lost as to what this could be and i would like to try to save a few hundred dollars if I can avoid bringing it to a dealer. any advice on weather this might be a common issue or an easy fix?
on my 2003 the hose going into the intercooler was partially off

·
Registered
285 Posts
Something has either disconnected or other possible cause is the temp sensor, but I would check all connections for corrosion before replacing them. Also check air filter's as they tend to get mold in them also and plug up, I have seen this many times in the past.

·
Registered
236 Posts
You need to read the permanent information posts on some of the other Honda forums on how to read the stored malfunction codes to see which codes are causing your Malfunction light [FI] to come on. There are info sticky's on PWCTODAY.COM and Greenhulk.com that will tell you how to pull and read the codes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts