Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone describe the procedure for adjusting the steering left to right on an '05 R-12X?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
285 Posts
in pump area on back of ski you will see a cable hooked up to your pump nozzel, you can adjust it their for left to right and to center the steering. Not sure how much adjustment you need.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Steering Adjustment

Thanks for that. I finally found a .pdf version of the service manual and figured it out. I measured left and right sides and it was off a bit so I'm hoping that it cures my right hand listing problem.

Hoping to sneak away from work this afternoon and go try it out.
Thanks
Randy

·
Registered
285 Posts
sweet. Where did you find pdf service manual? Like a copy of that myself, i have a parts pdf breakdown but haven't found the service manual. [email protected] if you don't mind sending me a copy.
Thanks
Skip

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Adjustment Tested

Took the ski to the lake and it fixed the problem. I guess that either the cable had been misadjusted for some time or someone messed with it. I bought the ski in magnificent condition (44 hours) and I don't think the guy ever messed with it at all.
So anyway, it was an easy fix.
The .pdf of the service manual is a pretty large file.
PM me with an e-mail address and I'll see if I can send it.
R....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Leaning 2005 honda

Took the ski to the lake and it fixed the problem. I guess that either the cable had been misadjusted for some time or someone messed with it. I bought the ski in magnificent condition (44 hours) and I don't think the guy ever messed with it at all.
So anyway, it was an easy fix.
The .pdf of the service manual is a pretty large file.
PM me with an e-mail address and I'll see if I can send it.
R....
My 2005 seems to be doing the same type of leaning. Was it just a matter of centering the nozzle?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Leaning Right

It sure seemed to help. The weather here has been crap and I was out of town for a week and haven't had much time on the water with it. Hopefully going out later this week.
R....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts