Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2004 r-12x and f-12x. The other day I tried to start the r12 and the battery was dead. I really wanted to go out so I tried starting the f12 and it started fine. I swapped the battery from the f12 to the r12 in hopes of a quick fix and charge the dead battery later. I try starting it, it sounds like it has a good charge, but it never fires up. On the third attempt to start it, the battery light starts flashing/beeping. I took the battery out, put it back in the f12 and it started just fine. I charged the dead battery overnight, hooked it back up the next day. Once again sounds like it has a good charge, its trying to start, but it never fires up. I did not get any battery warning this time. Has anyone had this problem and/or knows what is wrong?

·
Registered
236 Posts
You probably have a bad main relay. It is located to the left/behind the large black electrical box in the rear of the engine bay.
There is a lot of info on the problem in the PWC today Honda forums on the problem if you do a search there. They are not that expensive but hard to get access to repair.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Check all of the fuses. It's probably a blow fuse. Same thing happend with our F-12x. We pulled it in, my dad checked the fuses, one was blown so we bought a new one and it fired right up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts