Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at purchasing another Honda Aquatrax. I bought a 2006 F12 last august and love it. We also have a 94 Yamaha VXR which has been bullet proof. Previously had a Yamaha waveventure 1100, which the F12 has replaced. I realy have liked having a sportier and family type pwc. Am looking for something to jump wakes in a fresh water lake. I have found a new 2005 R12 for $4999, R12X $5695, 2006 F12X for $5999. All of the above are OTD with out trailer. I am a little concerned about the Turbo models because there seems to be a fair amount of people who have problems with the turbo models. Any thoughts or recomendations?

Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
We'll I have a '05 F-12X. Bought it july 2008 with only 10 hours on it. Everyone I know has had no problem with the turbo. I use mobile 1 synthetic, and will change oil every year no matter how many hours I have on it. I do not think you will be disappointed with a turbo model, besides it makes a difference on the water.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'd get the R12X. I bought a 2006 F12, then a month later picked up an R12X from someone who bought it not realizing how much of a ski it really is in the water, which means I got a GREAT deal. You can have some *REAL* fun with the clutch style trim system, not to mention the turbo.

First time I took it out, I whipped the back end around. Unit stopped, I didn't....I was hanging off the side, just mashed the throttle and it pulled me up. What a feeling the first time the turbo kicks in.....

·
Registered
91 Posts
If you're riding in fresh water, don't worry about the turbo. If you're riding alone, I'd get the R-12X. If you're going to have someone on the back, I'd get the F-12X.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am looking at purchasing another Honda Aquatrax. I bought a 2006 F12 last august and love it. We also have a 94 Yamaha VXR which has been bullet proof. Previously had a Yamaha waveventure 1100, which the F12 has replaced. I realy have liked having a sportier and family type pwc. Am looking for something to jump wakes in a fresh water lake. I have found a new 2005 R12 for $4999, R12X $5695, 2006 F12X for $5999. All of the above are OTD with out trailer. I am a little concerned about the Turbo models because there seems to be a fair amount of people who have problems with the turbo models. Any thoughts or recomendations?

Thanks
i have a non turbo aquatrak and can easily obtain 63mph; ru using hi test grade?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts