Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 2004 Honda R12X that has been doing me good up until one unfortunate ride. After about an hour of cruising, at about 45 MPH, my engine suddenly cut out. I attempted restarting but it ran extremely rough for 10 secs and then died. I then took off the seat and noticed that the hull was about half full of water and the water line had just come up to the air intake, so the engine and turbo ingested some water. I noticed that once the motor died, I hadn't taken on any more water, or if I did, it was a very slow leak. I did all the normal procedures for a flooded engine, (changed the oil (there was water in the oil), evacuated all the water out of the turbo and air intake and used CRC 6-32 on the compressor and exhaust, changed the spark plugs, evacuated all water and fluids from the cylinders, and sea foamed everything). I now have a running jetski, it runs and idles just like it did before it partially sank but for some reason, I have a lot of smoke come out of the breather tube (first one in the air intake hose under the air filter) that goes into the side of the engine under the throttle body (I think it may be for the crankcase, I'm not sure) and whenever I open the lid for oil tank, a little bit of smoke comes out of there too. I don't want to run the engine too long because I'm afraid that I could damage it. I'll attach a link to a vid of my problem. If anyone knows what the issue could be and its cause, it would help me a lot. Thank you!

Vid:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts