Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a VX Deluxe and an FX, but the dealer did not go over breakin procedures. I'm going to call them tomorrow, but wanted to hit the water early before it gets hot. I've searched the forums, but can't seem to find any help. Can someone tell me how I should handle break in on these? TIA.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Keep it on the L-mode for about 10 hours. Get the oil and filter changed along with a general check over. Then you can switch it back to normal mode. Don't keep it at a steady speed to long during break in, vary speeds.

·
Registered
194 Posts
No break in required! I said you heard me....No break in required. Straight out of the box! But...if you would like piece of mind do as the man said.:D:appl::thumbsup:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Rule of Thumb

I baby my equipment for break in. My rule of thumb is to keep the machine under 4000 rpm for the first 10 hours. Keep the machine continuously changing speeds during the course of the 10 hours.

·
Registered
194 Posts
You may choose not to believe this...I live approximately 25 traveling minutes from Kennesaw, Ga. This infamous place is the home of the production line Of...................Yamaha Watercraft.:appl:

Since 2003 and the production of the original FX 140, Yamaha's campaign began to produce machines that required no break in. The reason..............
..Little to no...and I mean litlle to no, Warranty claims for the Power unit!:appl::appl::appl::appl::appl:

Now...Mercruiser is another company to do this. That's right....NO break in on that 350 Mag, or that 7.4 ltr 454...and so on. Why? Same theory!:D

They know how stupid most newbies and most people are for that matter that would go straight out and go wide open throttle and they would pay for it. Does all this make sense from a corporate standpoint??:appl:;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts