Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have given up on our SeaDoo GTI LE and on SeaDoo. We have had one too many breakdowns due to broken bolts with our SeaDoo to ever get us to buy another one. Our mechanic recommends getting a Yamaha. I would like to hear from other Yamaha owners on whether they are happy with their purchase and also a reco on which PWC we should get.

Our boys are now 17 and 19 and would like a faster PWC. We want our next PWC to be able to pull tubers and get someone up on a wakeboard or skis. We don't need a lot of fancy stuff on our PWC that can break.

Your thoughts and recos on which Yamaha model to buy are appreciated.
Thanks.
Ryan

·
Registered
323 Posts
Good on you for seeing the light. Depends whether you want a 2 or 4 stroke. And depends how much you want to spend. But if you go second hand, I would strongly recommend an FX160 or one out of the FX series. This is a great all rounder and has a superbly smooth engine and drive line. They are a very reliable and easily maintained ski. If you cant quite afford a FX, maybe a XL1200 (02-05) will suit you. They have a powerful motor and great handling characteristics. However, they do require more maintenance than a 4 stroke. I have recommended two 3 seaters there and would opt for them over the lesser powered VX series. The pump units in yamahas are remarkably simple and easily maintained if you hit something. Yamaha are second to none on the water so which ever you pick will be a reliability improvement on what you have. Remember to maintain it as per operators manual and it will be fine. If you go new, cant go past the FZS or the FX SHO.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts