Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I have a 2002 Honda F-12X Turbo. Great ski - I love it!

I bout the ski last winter from a dealer that assured me that it was ready to go. I rode it all summer without issues (maybe 30 hours worth). I would like to do a few things to take care of it - I bet it needs an oil change by now and some other stuff... Problem is, the owner's manual is useless! "Take it to the dealer." Those SOB's wanted $60 for a battery that I bought for $14 (for my bike).

Oil Change: I saw the obvious oil filter and fill plug. However, where is the drain plug? What type of oil goes into the ski? How often should this be changed?

Axle greese? I saw in the rear of the ski a hose with an axle greese plug on the end - looks like it lubes the drive shaft between the engine and impeller. What kind of greese goes here and how often should it be lubed?

Air filter? I dig around a bit and could not find an air filter - there has to be one... When should this be changed and where the heck is it?

What other things need attention before i go riding this season?

·
Registered
285 Posts
The owners manual will show you pictures and tell you how to do it, but you will need to open it up and read it. If you choose not to do that then the dealer is your only next option and that is what they get paid for. So I would suggest reading the manual. If you need a copy of it send me a email and i would gladly send you a pdf copy of it. Good luck and enjoy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, what I thought was the manual that came with my ski had absolutely nothing about that. This being my first ski, I actually read through the whole thing before riding. My book had safety information, some specs and maintenence intervals in it, but absolutely no instructions about how to access the oil drain plug, or what kind of oil to use, etc...

I guess the question now would be, is there an online PDF version of the 'good manual', or do I need to get that from the dealer?

Thanks,

T

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm a newb myself, just bought my first PWC last week.

So, someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that there isn't an oil drain plug. Instead, the oil has to be removed using a pump, which is why the manual suggests having a certified tech do the oil changes (which are every 50 hours for mine).

However, I believe you can buy a pump yourself if you want to do your own oil changes. Specifically how the oil change is performed? I don't know.

Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts