Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Either Deka, or Duracell, both are made by the same company. I use the Duracell gray case. Has the best warranty. (24month).

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
East Penn is Deka, Duracell, and I believe a few others. If you compare the case and terminal design you can pretty much guess who makes what. There are only a few battery manufacturers out there. They all make multiple brands. It's a game to make you think there are more. There are some differences on the internals. As far as plate design and count to change amp hrs, amongst other things. Basically a low end thru high end from a given manufacturer using different brand names. And there is different qualities within a given brand as well but there more subtle differences.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Dave,
I worked for H-D Corporate for many years. One of East Penn's facilities is in Pennsylvania near Harley's York, PA plant. The batteries worked so well in the motorcycles that I started using them in all my PWC. I've had such success with them that I wanted to pass the suggestion to mike05FXHO.
I've got 3 Kawis - 2 STX-15Fs and a Yami. -WJ-500. What do you have?

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Long time,
Yes, I agree, just saying east Penn is also Deka, Duracell, and a few others. I have 4 Yamaha skis, a 93 & 94 vxr pro. And an 01 & 02 GP800r. Plus 3 boats. 2 pontoon and a tri hull. all of them have the Duracell version of the Penn battery.
In the for ground of the pic below you can see 3 of my 4 skis with the 2 pontoon boats on the far side of the dock. This is at my cottage on Conesus lake in upstate NY.

Batteries and antifreeze are on the same level. There are only a few manufacturers of both. but a ton of different brands made buy those few manufacturers.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Long time,
Yes, I agree, just saying east Penn is also Deka, Duracell, and a few others. I have 4 Yamaha skis, a 93 & 94 vxr pro. And an 01 & 02 GP800r. Plus 3 boats. 2 pontoon and a tri hull. all of them have the Duracell version of the Penn battery.
In the for ground of the pic below you can see 3 of my 4 skis with the 2 pontoon boats on the far side of the dock. This is at my cottage on Conesus lake in upstate NY.

Batteries and antifreeze are on the same level. There are only a few manufacturers of both. but a ton of different brands made buy those few manufacturers.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Dave,
Very Nice.
Forgot to mention my Kawi. SX-R800 and pontoon boat.
Most of my career was in the powersports industry, so I have 8 motorcycles, mostly antiques and collectibles.
Dennis

Attachments

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Nice pic Dennis, where is that at?
I rode Moto x from about 10 till I was 19 or 20. Broke more than my fare share of bones. The final straw was my left knee. Rode mainly Yamaha YZ's, 125/250's. Had a couple others a kawi kx125 and montesa 250.
Now I've got 34yrs in at a fortune 500 company as a teamleader/mechanic/machinist/welder. Jack of all trades basically.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Our lake home is on White Potato Lake, north of Green Bay, Wi. (Go Pack).
I had 33 yrs. at Harley. Worked in future product development, technical literature (Owner's Manual, Service Manuals, etc.) Trained technicians from dealerships around the world.
I'm enjoying this conversation. Should we move it off the Forum to regular e-mail?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts