Personal Water Craft Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got the gp in the water today.......runs perfect out of the water, put it in the water and it falls on its face. after i put the free flow and the d plate in i hooked it up to the water I.V. and it ran good no leaks, started rite up, free rev through the r range. same today on the trailer until i put it in the water. the pump was clean and everything, any idea??? let me know thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
powerless

I have riva's free flow exhaust, and the d-plate with the sensor chip. I have never touched the carbs. it idles fine through the water but if you give it gas it just boggs out. when i got it in the water i idled it out to the middle of the lake made sure it had some heat on it then gave it some gas, it ran rite up on plane but i didnt give it full throttle, turned around and got on it and thats when it bogged out, from there on it will barely run. I was thinkin fuel filters or seperater but both look fine, im stumped. Unless i rip the carbs out and cleanem or rebuild them? but then i dont understand why it sounds good on the trailer. :dunno:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i havent done a compression test yet but it only has 104 hours on it. I removed and blew out all of the exhaust before it went back into the ski, and the choke is still on it i didnt know there was an advantage to removing it?
What do you gain by adding 3 inches to the hose?
Would it be a good idea to put new fuel filter and seperator in it anyway just because?
p.s. im still using yamalube even though i removed the cat, should i be running a differant oil? I run full synthetic amsoil in my viper.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts