Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys my friend did a number to my kawasaki 650sx. Long story short it ran into a few docks and now has multiple holes, dents, scratches.. I'm going to re fiberglass and paint it. Any suggestions on what to do/not to do would be a great help! The front fiberglass bumper is completely crushed and gone so i was planning on rounding the front off entirely. Any suggestions?

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont mind doing the labor on the fiberglass work. Do you think swapping all the parts out into a new one would be easier? I do not know if i would be able to reassemble it back into working condition :p.
Either way if im going to be a used hull i would like to paint it. i already have the correct grit sand paper 200-1200.

Thanks,
Mitchell

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I've done some fiberglass work, but nothing like what you will need for that repair. Fixing a big hole like that is really tough to do right, and if you do it wrong, it will crack and start to come apart on the first ride. Just knowing how much work goes in to even a small repair, I'd say finding another hull would be the way to go. Plus to do that repair correctly you are going to have to pull everything out anyhow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts