Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, i am just returning to the PWC world but, this is nothing new to me. I have been out for a few years due to a move from FL to VA but the urge has me back!! Anyway, last fall i purchased a MINT 95 xp hull and completely brought it back to life with a new 717 motor and many other parts. The ski runs great and it is stock minus a upgraded solas impeller. I just came across a 2001 GP1200R in mint condition with 89 hours on it. The ski has been garage kept and rarely ridden in the past few years. The ride plate, and some other random parts are upgraded Pro-Tec parts and i am getting anxious to take it out. Before the purchase, i wanted to start the ski and see if everything worked and she fired right up after sitting for 8 months. I ran it for about 10 min on the garden hose and all seemed well. It was smooth and ran as i hoped it would. But, my question is this. I am COMPLETELY unfamiliar with the GP, and i am curious to learn about the particular issues that this ski has. So, please feel free to input about common problems, precautions i should take, and general comments about the ski. Thanks in advance.

-Darren

·
Registered
209 Posts
DONT USE that old gas.... octane breaks down...

well with 89 hours it might still have the catalytic converter,, you wanna replace that with a d-plate, and a chip is necessary to stop the warnign buzzer..

next you need to make sure its got an intake grate.

get waveeater clips for the powervalves, this prevents the pin from falling out and the valve dropping in the motor taking out a jug.

either switch to pre-mix or make damn sure that the oil lines are tight with safety wire or hose clamps,, there prone to falling off ...also = seizure

the pump shoe and ride platre inserts are single pieces, that when at higher speeds or when you remove the shoe/plate they tend to spin and come out.....go to boats.net and get the 05 gpr inserts

reinforce the pump tunnel..

those are all mandatory,, now if you wanna go fast thats a whole different story

·
Registered
114 Posts
REMY!! As a Factory Yamha Cert Tech.I willk say you know ya stuff thats a great place for a 1200 owner to start!! Glad to see some tech skills at work here!! Good job!

·
Registered
209 Posts
craig connolly said:
REMY!! As a Factory Yamha Cert Tech.I willk say you know ya stuff thats a great place for a 1200 owner to start!! Glad to see some tech skills at work here!! Good job!

thanks dude, im just here to help..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts