Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there! My first post here on the forums....

I have a VERY noob question, and I apologize. I just purchased by brand new Kawasaki STX 15-F about three weeks ago, and something has really been bothering me about the manual. On one of the first pages, it has a picture of the jetski facing frontwards, as if you were sitting on it and going forward. It has an arrow going from right to left that says "Roll to Port", which in this picture, the arrow is going counter clockwise. Looking further into the manual on the actual section that indicates the correct way to right the capsized craft, it shows a picture of the craft upside down in the water facing frontward as in the first picture, and it has the guy rolling the craft clockwise. It also says to roll it clockwise. The first time I took it out, I rolled the craft. I wasn't even moving, just didn't know the stabilitly of the craft and my own wake rolled me over. I know, I know. I rolled the craft CLOCKWISE as I believe it showed in the picture, and everything seems to be just fine. No water in the engine compartment, etc. I guess the biggest thing that is throwing me off is the first picture in the manual. Maybe because the picture is of an upright boat, which rolling to port would make it counterclockwise as opposed to clockwise if it were upside down. I don't know. Maybe someone can enlighten me?

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
If you are at the rear of the boat, which is where you will be mounting it at in the water, it is there, that you want to roll it counterclockwise or to the left. Obviously, if you are at the front of the boat rolling it there, the it will be clockwise and to the right. On the back of the ski, there should be a little sticker showing you which way to roll it though when in the water. Follow that and you should be good.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts