Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have fitted the Riva high Flow Exhaust kit to my FX-SHO. At low revs / speed or when towing, there is a very loud and annoying drone / resonance that is deafening!

Any suggestions how to overcome this?

Is there another kit available on the market that doesn't have this drone?

Does anyone know if the RIVA FZR/FZS Rear Exhaust Kit would fit the SHO?

Thanks.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm guessing you mean Riva pt #RY 16040 - Free Flow Exhaust Kit

I've heard your complaint from others who have installed that kit - some but not all.

The FZR/FRS rear exhaust kit will not fit the FX-SHO (or Riva would certainly list your model in the description).
R&D Performance makes a similar kit to yours and it's my understanding that JetDraft is putting a system on the market any day now. I can't speak to how either option sounds. You might check YouTube to see if you can find a vid identified as having the R&D mod that has audio. Hopefully someone else has installed the R&D version and can add their 2¢.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your response Kelly A.

I have a friend who makes bespoke exhaust systems for Ducati's motorcycles and might get him to work out a way to modify the FZR pipe.

Before I do though, I want to be certain this will fix the drone.... I'm catching up with a friend who has just finished building a 350HP FZR and is taking for it's maiden ride tomorrow. It's got the Riva rear exhaust on it so this will answer some questions.

May some kind of thermal / acoustic exhaust tape may help??

I'll play around with it and post results.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts