Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace some of the bumper molding around one of my Honda skis and see it calls for this Rivet: p/n: 90854-HW3-671 RIVET (4.8X23.5) $0.99 each. I've never done any riveting but it looks pretty straightforward. Question is whether there is an alternate rivet that I can buy locally - they are much cheaper in quantity. Size wise it seems this is the same dia. as a 3/16" and they have long and short at Home Depot.

Any input/education for me would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey I'm doing the same thing with my f12x, just curious if you ever got around to replacing the bumper and if it worked with non factory rivets? Ive already ordered the parts but have no experience with rivets so just wondering if you had trouble with it or not. Thanks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry, can't help. The ski ( 2004 R12X also had some light fiberglass damage and I ended up letting insurance (Progressive who by the way was awesome thru this!) total it. I got more than I paid for the ski and turned that into an '06F12X with 20hrs on it for $500 more bucks. The body shop ended up buying it from Progressive and they did order the stock Honda rivets to fix it. Good luck to ya....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts