Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 92 waverunner 111 650 yamaha. Was running it all day, ran fine. When I felt a change in the engine started running rough and loss of power on top end. Not the same get up and go. Checked gas and oil, Oil was fine and put in more gas. Took it back out still ran the same, rough and loss of power. Took it home and changed spark plugs. Is there anything else I need to look at before I put it back in the water. I could use some help don't want to get it back in the water and have it get worse or damage it more.

·
Registered
1 Posts
1994 waverunner same issue

i HAVE A 1994 YAMAHA WAVERUNNER THAT RAN GREAT AND THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO MINE. DID U FIND A SOLUTION? WOULD APPRECIATE U SHARING IT.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DO a compression check an see if you have some internal damage.
Did the compression test one cyclinder was 105 psi and the other was 115 psi. I don't have a manual so I think thats ok. I'm to put it in the water this week end to see if thiers a change after I changed the spark plugs.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
115 psi is pretty low for a 2 cyl. engine. You would like to see around 150 psi on that engine. I'd say that is part of your problem. It looks like its time for a top end rebuild.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts