Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys !

I am a newb to the PWC world ! just got my first Seadoo this summer , it was a gift from my boss. Basically he bought a new one and gave me is old one instead of sellin it ! :)

I Can't really complain of the condition since I didn't pay for it !

Ok so here the deal... I have been riding it all summer with no problems besides from the battery dying out. all summer long it was picking up a bit of water inside the engine compartement but nothing abnormal I think since I was pretty hard submerging it ! :rolleyes:

I was beating harder and harder on it towards the end of summer and now that I got it back to my house I opened it up to find the battery and this is what the bottom of the inside of the hull looked like !

Now I know this is oil and water mix together , but my question is what oil ? and how did it get mixed in with water to foam up like that ?

Is there a gear reduction in the crankcase before it send power to the turbine via the shaft ? I noticed the "Zerts" on the Hub/Flywheel at the back of the engine , does that mean there oils or grease somewhere behind there ? This is a 951cc Direct injection motor ... Does it have crankcase oil ? or is it a simple two stroke swalloin its oil with the gas to lubricate ?

Let me know guys !

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey man I wish I could help you but I am not sure what is causing your problem or how to fix it but i have a question for you.

I just sold my 97 XP and bought a 02 RXDI and was wondering when you attach a hose to the back and let it run (out of water), is water suppose to spout out in the front left hand side of the seadoo? It did on my XP but doesnt on the RXDI and wondering if it should.....Please let me know

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry Scribles I have never ran mine with a hose ... Would not know if its normal...

mdeal : This is engine oil we are talking aout right ? there is no other oil in this thing right ? I started loooking thru the workshop manual and from what I undestand this can only be engine premix oil , so somewhere within the lubrication system ist leaking ...

·
Registered
1 Posts
friend,,
I had the same problem with seadoo 1993xp.Mine had an inline oil filter that had a split on the back side .once i changed the filter and cleaned out the oil, it has been oilfree.I hope this helps.
Dr Mark

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have same problem on a 97' GTI. I still haven't found the exact leak, but its up front, slow, and doesn't impact preformance- from what I have tested.
I will keep my eye on this forum in case someone beats me too it. But if I find it first I will post some pic on where/how to fix. thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys !!!

I think I got it figured out... Looks like there was a X-acto slash in the filler neck hose pipe thing for the oil. Here's my theory , the previous maintenance perfom inlcuded a Gas filter swap and the gas filter is Tie Wrap really close to the Filler Neck pipe oil thing. Someone must have slash the Tie wrap and cut the pipe at the same time , the cut was not very apparent but enough I guess to let the oil leak out when filling or also from the Check valved return line from The Airpump system of my RX-DI...

Now for the grand finally the foamy oil , simple splashnn'n around coupled with one of those hull pump mixing the oil with the water....

Let me know what you guys think !

·
Registered
1 Posts
oil in hull

I know i am a couple of months late but i was just browsing and saw your oil in hull problem. I had same problem and the oil tank was leaking where the top and bottom of tank are seamed together. Common problem on later model 2 cycles. If you take your hand and run it down the side of the tank on hull side it probably will come back wet with oil. I bought new tank at dealer and took about 1 hour to put in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts