Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope someone can give me some advise as to why, after 130hrs, my 2004 RXP has begun to porporse at 60+ mph. At 67+mph it is uncontrollable. I have the VTS trimmed full down and it still porporses. Can't hit 70+ and maintain control. Hull, pump and sponsons are all stock. Intake is top-load Solas. I want to run with the big dogs but feel like a puppy at 60mph. Suggestions so far are to install a pump spacer/shim and ditch the top-load intake to eliminate the problem. I am hoping someone can help me identify WHY this is happening and give me other suggestions on correcting. :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
550 OCEAN PRO SLUT said:
the top loader will slow you down
i would to the wedge
Thanks. What's the wedge going to do for me?
Any guesses as to WHY it has started porporsing?
:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
If you are porposing, adding the wedge will make it worse. You will need some sort of OPAS blosckoffs. Try the Race Engineered Blockoffs available at greenhulk.net. No more bouncy Bouncy...you will be as stable as can be. Also the riva intake grate will keep you hooked up a little better.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
06RXP215 said:
If you are porposing, adding the wedge will make it worse. You will need some sort of OPAS blosckoffs. Try the Race Engineered Blockoffs available at greenhulk.net. No more bouncy Bouncy...you will be as stable as can be. Also the riva intake grate will keep you hooked up a little better.
Unfortunately I have the OPAS blocked with a Riva kit. Porporsing started shortly after the install. I'm baffled!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Do you have the Blockoff plates or do you have the ones that appear to extend the hull. The blockoff plates will not help with stopping the porpoise. Do you have the wedge installed?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
06RXP215 said:
Do you have the Blockoff plates or do you have the ones that appear to extend the hull. The blockoff plates will not help with stopping the porpoise. Do you have the wedge installed?
I have no wedge installed. Block-off plates from Riva fit flush to hull. Ride plate is stock. ???????????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Do you have the Pro-Series or Performance blockoffs? The Performance blockoffs can cause porpoising and the Pro-Series are shorter than the hull due to racing rules. If your not planning on racing the ski I would go for Race Engineering blockoffs. They fit flush to the hull and are longer than the Pro-Series block-offs, my personal experience with them has been great. That said if you have the Pro-Series I have no idea what could be going on for it to porpoise.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The block-offs for the OPS system are flush mount plates. They protrude no more than 1/4" from the hull.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
agibbs said:
Do you have the Pro-Series or Performance blockoffs? The Performance blockoffs can cause porpoising and the Pro-Series are shorter than the hull due to racing rules. If your not planning on racing the ski I would go for Race Engineering blockoffs. They fit flush to the hull and are longer than the Pro-Series block-offs, my personal experience with them has been great. That said if you have the Pro-Series I have no idea what could be going on for it to porpoise.
+1

Race Engineering Pro OPAS Block Off's for RXP [RE RXP PRO BLOCKS] - $320.00 : 4-Tec Performance, Quality PWC Performance Parts

These Block offs will make your ski stable as possible. I have these and installed them right after I put the wedge in mine and is was porpoising real bad. I know you dont have the wedge, but this will stop your porpoising.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top