Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sea-Doo is now the horsepower king with two of its personal watercraft touting 255-hp engines. Dubbed the “X models,” Sea-Doo unveiled the RXP-X and RXT-X, hopped up versions of its two- and three-seater musclecraft, at a recent press introduction on Northern California's Lake Shasta.

Sea-Doo nailed the color scheme of the RXT-X.
The new engine is based on Sea-Doo's 215-hp supercharged Rotax 4-TEC engine that powers the RXP, RXT, GTX Limited and Wake models. The 255-hp motor utilizes a larger supercharger and intercooler that produces a reported 20 percent more boost pressure, along with bigger fuel injectors and a remapped ignition system that creates an ideal fuel/air mixture.

The new RXP-X and RXT-X have some aggressive-looking features. They look fast and feel even faster. According to Sea-Doo, the RXP-X runs from 0 to 50 mph in 2.9 seconds. Both of the watercraft handle as well as the standard RXP and RXT and are especially fun coming out of a turn.

Special features include a X-pattern billet steering column, a billet finger throttle and a billet Variable Trim System, which lets you jump between two preset positions with two quick taps on the rocker switch (a new feature for 2008 in the RXP215, Wake and the X models).

Wakeboarding behind Sea-Doo’s Wake is even better with the new ballast system.
Also new is a cool ballast system for the Wake models. An industry first, the quick-connecting system sits securely on the rear platform and uses water pressure from the watercraft's pump to fill the tanks. It's innovative and a perfect addition to a Wake-specific watercraft. When full, the system adds 200 pounds to the stern, which creates a much firmer wake for launching. The surface of the system is finished in nonskid and there's even footrests for the rear-facing spotter.

Sea-Doo also introduced some new color schemes within its lineup and announced that it will offer a 215-hp GTX along with the standard GTX 155.

For the full story on both Sea-Doo's and Yamaha's new-for-2008 models, check out the October issue of WaterCraft World.

·
Registered
168 Posts
When I rode the RXP-X at the dealer show, I was very impressed with the power and it handles like it's on rails.

The RXT is extremely quick but I'll take the bouy to bouy feel of the ULTRA250, my laps were faster.

The steering stem is incredible and the adjustability od the bars is endless.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts