Personal Water Craft Forum banner

Sea-Doo GTX is Limited

7K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  grover432 
#1 ·
Just Bought it any one have opinions, ideas, etc. on review:appl:

#3 ·
So far mixed feeling

7.5 Hours and trouble starting. Coming back in I got an IBR light, check engine light, and listed like 3 fault codes. Let it sit for a few minutes and poof all back to normal. Doesnt sound to good. I take it in for the 10 hour service and I am told the wear ring needs to be replaced. On top of that they say its not a warranty item. What kinda s**t is that? Anyone have one and have any problems? Oh forgot to add that the continental trailer that was sold with the sea-doo, the axle was bending down the middle.....:confused:

#4 ·
I see that you are from Miramar? Is that the same Miramar in San Diego? If so, what dealership did you buy it at? It sounds like they are trying to rip you off. The ski should have a 1 year warranty on everything. If they still refuse, I can send you t oanother dealership in the area and I would also recommend contacting Sea Doo directly and not only complaining about your new ski but the dealership as well. Also, go to the BBB and issue a complaint with them as well about the dealership.

Now unfortunately, I have heard many bad things about Sea Doo and their reliability issues and how the company treats it's customers. This is why I speak out against them in many of my posts so I can warn as many people as possible about them. If your in San Diego, I might be able to help you out though and call some people. I am from there and know a lot of good people who are trustworthy there.

#5 ·
Actually I am in Miramar, Florida. I dropped the ski On Monday and went through the whole ordeal of the so called wear ring. The mechanic stated he was going to work something out with me but Not sure what that meant up to today. I called early about the trailer because it is the only thing left to be fix. I was advised that Continental Factory rep was supposed to have responded to see the bent axle early in the week and that the rep had yet to show up. Today early they advised me they were supposed to p/u the trailer for who knows why. Time was running out towards the end of the day and still no response. So I called and yeap you guessed it no response or picked up the phone. Now I have anew ski with 7 hours on it sitting at the dealer. Dont get me wrong if they come through by tommorrow I would be less disappointed but if you spend so much money on top model it should not come with all these hassles.

#6 ·
Where is Miramar Florida near? I have a friend that works as a salesman in Lake Wales Florida that can maybe help you out with warranty work but I have no clue where that is in relation to you. As far as this mechanic goes, get everything in writing before he touches your ski. His idea of working something out and yours maybe totally different and until you have clear defined terms agreed upon, don't let him touch a thing. Also, contact Sea Doo corporate on Monday and let them know everything.

#7 ·
Ya i don't really know about the ski.... my gauge pod failed on the first day.... not even 1 hour on it :( but the warranty has been fine.... the dealer on the other hand is bad.... after the 10h service the motor dumped 2L of oil the first time it was turned on.... they didn't install the cap properly..... otherwise the ski has been sweet!!!!!

#8 ·
26 hours

Piece of crap. Been back to dealer every single time I take it out. Water in the engine while being towed. No where in the manual does it say you must clamp a hose. BS sea-doo talking about not there problem. As far as I am concerned if you know this then you should put this in the manual. Who going to pay the boil out procedures. BRP not going to have my business again..... crap

#9 ·
Ok after ski being at the dealer since November waiting for Sea-Doo and the dealer to figure out who was going to pay the extra time to replace the top whole module, lets see what happends when I start to take it out again. I am not crossing my fingers since it has been very disappointing from the get go. May 19, 2010

#10 ·
:2thumbsup::cheers::cheers::cheers:Sorry to hear about your experience with you Sea Doo. My name is Bob, I own 3 Sea doos A 2006 RXT with a Riva Stage 3 kit and Riva thru hull exhaust, a 2009 RXT-IS and a 2008 GTX 215. I have not had the bad experiences your having. The closet ski I own compared to yours is the 2009 RXT-IS. The only 2 things I have to fix under warranty are a new key program, and a ride plate screw came out. In so much as your wear ring problem, let me try to explain the theory in that. The reason it is there is to primarily protect your impeller and shaft, by breaking before more expensive parts break i.e. the impeller. They usually don't wear out for at least 120 hrs. The reason Sea Doo may be hesitant because of not knowing if a twig or debris fould the impeller and may have broke it. Generally if your wear ring is bad your ski will cavitate when power is applied. You said that your dealer was less then helpful, I hoped he turned on and programed the IS system. Can't say why you are having electrical issues. In closing I have to say that I do enjoy the 06 RXT with all the Riva goodies the best. Then the 09 RXT-IS Well god luck and try a different dealer or ask for territorial Sea Doo rep and blast him.

#11 ·
I took it out this memorial weekend, basically on loan because they havent finished fixing it yet, and guess what, yeap you guessed it, something else broke lol. The hydraulic that lifts the rear cover broke,,,,,,,,,, AGAIN lol. Now you tell me lol. Oh well I got to put one more hour on it. Since last year I have 26 hours on it. I have more hours on the trailer taking it back and forth to the dealer and my house lol

#13 ·
I had trouble with the engine in my new 2003 GTX SC in the summer of 2003. After several attempts at a fix I gave up at the end of the season and traded it on a new 2004 which ran flawlessly until I traded it this spring. It cost me $1,500 for the season, which I thought was reasonable and saved me the ongoing aggravation you might be in for with yours.

I say, if you have a lemon and can afford it - drop it off at the dealer and trade for a different PWC. Ypu'll get to enjoy your summer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.