Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I'm new to the jet ski world and looking at buying a sea doo xp 2002 can anybody give me any tips what to look out for when I veiw it 🤔 any information any tips most grateful thanks pete

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi all I'm new to the jet ski world and looking at buying a sea doo xp 2002 can anybody give me any tips what to look out for when I veiw it 🤔 any information any tips most grateful thanks pete
If you can, get cylinder pressure readings. Check out the condition of the spark plugs, dark tan (white=real bad) without evidence of anything else is a beautiful sight to behold. Pump should be solid when you grab it. Look at wear ring and clearances. Rubber bellows in good condition to keep water out, check out driveshaft. Even thought it won't be in the water, running it for 10-15 seconds won't hurt it. Listen for abnormal sounds coming from pump or driveshaft. After you shut it off, see if temp on all cylinders feel about the same. Ask lots of questions that might indicate (other than appearance) how well it's been taken care of (Like who serviced it and when was the last time it was serviced). 2002 can still be a good machine for you if it's been maintained well. If you decide on a price try having the sale finalized with the condition that it must pass inspection (no major problems) by a certified dealer (that you will pay for). It would be well worth it if you're not very mechanical.

·
Registered
6 Posts
привет, с помощью диагностики можно узнать статус seadoo.
buy диагностическое оборудование.I have 2002 Shop Manual. I can send you

https://technodoc.pp.ua/

1 - 3 of 3 Posts