Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a SeaDoo 2004 GTI LE and the last two years we have had nothing but problems. Last year, we had problems with the bolts breaking. The mechanic said that GTI's have this problem because they vibrate so much. I have to wonder why SeaDoo didn't recall to fix a flaw in their design.

This year, we have another bolt that broke off and now we are told that the crank is bad and they said we need to have a new motor that will cost $1700 (with labor).

My question is whether it is worth getting this fixed or should we just throw in the towel on this SeaDoo. I am concerned that we will be constantly plagued with the bolts breaking off with this model. Does anyone else have this model and do you have the bolt issue? Also, I would like to hear from others if we should have this repair done.

Thanks.
Ryan

·
Registered
7 Posts
replace jet ski

My girlfriend has 2 GTi's 2003 models-have blown two motors and ehaust manifolds-spent dollars to repair. Honda ,yamaha, and Kawawaski or longer lasting skis with less problems. I have 2 hondas with 0 problems

·
Registered
1 Posts
04 Seadoo GTI LE same problem

We have a SeaDoo 2004 GTI LE and the last two years we have had nothing but problems. Last year, we had problems with the bolts breaking. The mechanic said that GTI's have this problem because they vibrate so much. I have to wonder why SeaDoo didn't recall to fix a flaw in their design.

This year, we have another bolt that broke off and now we are told that the crank is bad and they said we need to have a new motor that will cost $1700 (with labor).

My question is whether it is worth getting this fixed or should we just throw in the towel on this SeaDoo. I am concerned that we will be constantly plagued with the bolts breaking off with this model. Does anyone else have this model and do you have the bolt issue? Also, I would like to hear from others if we should have this repair done.

Thanks.
Ryan
I have the same problem. It is not from vibration. It is from using inferior bolts probably from CHINA. My Top hatch the big one in the front the bolts that hold the hinge to the body are snapping like twigs. The pushrod thats supposed to hold up the hatch broke off from the body. Your steering cable should soon freeze up mine did. I think seadoos are built cheap cheap cheap. My ski was owned from new and not abused.I would part it out and sell on Ebay Thanks Brian

·
Registered
12 Posts
'03 GTI LE several seizures

Hello all! I have two (2) 2003 GTI LE's one which has been perfect, the other has been a SOB since day one, two engines since and still having problems. both of mine were converted to premix. the original engine (when I purchased it) had been gone through, the engine case was black, a dead giveaway....
anyways, when it seized up, the local seadoo shop said he found evidence of water getting into the engine (rust stains in the cylinders and on the con rods) anyway, sent that engine out to be rebuilt, replaced it, had the shop realign the pump/engine ran great for the first 1 1/2 tank, then the flywheel lost a magnet, tore the stator out of it, sent it back for repairs, got a newly rebuilt engine, don't know why, no explaination for that, started break-in procedure, got through 1/3rd throttle for 30 minutes, let it cool for 30 min. started to run at 2/3rd's throttle, seized up, again.... has signs of four corner seizure and only the intake side of the pistons shows scoring, signs of water getting in there, washing away the oil film. I have been running 32 to 1 oil/fuel ratio, so heavy on the oil for break-in.I was told that I should have air pressure tested prior to starting, of course most people don't have this kind of equipment at home, but I do now....once I get my repair parts, i'm going to test several times to ensure I have no leaks. I have taken all my fuel hoses off, cleaned and blown them out, emptied out the tank, checked selector valve, checked all my exhaust all the way out and no obstructions, nothing that would run the engine lean enough to seize up. anythoughts??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts