Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi 2 1 and all,i'm new 2 this jetski lark so don't laugh when i tell u i've bought a second hand 1998 seadoo gs,done about 80 hours,can and i'm sure u all will,tell me if i've done the right thing!! and what sort of things should i be aware of on them,thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
check the fuel lines...

I'm a newbie also, however, have been trolling these threads for several months. I have two gs ski's...one a '97 and the other a 2001. Both have the notoriously bad Tempo "grey" fuel lines. Apparently, the interior of the fuel lines deteriorate and the goop ends up clogging the carb filters and subsequently starving the engine. I plan on replacing the fuel lines with regular black 1/4" I.D. fuel lines from NAPA at a cost of about $.75 per foot. From everything I've read, it will take less than 20' of fuel line to do this. There are a number of threads that address this issue...hope this helps...!!!

PS...lots of good info on this board...
BTW...does your fuel gauge work...??? If not, lot's of good info. here about fixing that problem and a good time to address that is while changing fuel lines... :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,thanks for that info thats something i'll check! i've not picked it up yet as i bought it on e-bay so 10 Oct i collect so i'll check the fuel gauge when i get it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts