Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I just purchased a 1993 Seadoo XP. What does everyone think about removing the oil injection system and just use an oil/fuel mix? What would be the gas/oil ratio?

I have read and been told this is a wise thing to do on the older models to eliminate the possibly of the system failing.

Any thoughts or experiences...

Thanks,
John

·
Registered
12 Posts
Without any hesitation, you should do it!! I'm not sure of the ratio you will need, but I'm sure it will say somewhere in the manual. If all else fails, you could try calling a seadoo dealer and asking. My brother has a 98 gsx with the 951 and he had the same problem, which cause his motor to seize up. Needless to say, he was infuriated. I learned my lesson and am going to do the same with my 97 spx to save me the hassle.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info. when you find out how to remove please forward the info, i'll do the same. Thanks!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
All you have to do is cap your oil line that runs to you engine. I'd do this after you suck all of the oil out though just to save some cash. Once this is done, you just premix your gas and your good to go!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A while back a read a post about a block off plate was needed??? Something about the pump and gears need to be removed or they can freeze up. Also something about the oil tank staying in to lube something or other. Still trying to look into that....

I did see the block off plates for sale on ebay though....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts