Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all.......

i have a seadoo rxp 215 and the other day i noticed quite a bit of cavitation when pulling off hard and when towing the inflatable with 3 adults on it which it normally doest struggle with.

my impeller and wear ring are good but ive just checked my carbon wear seal and even tho im not getting any water in the hull i have noticed the tell tale black line on the hull.

its a 2007 model with 134 hours on and i dont think its ever been changed

whats peoples thoughts and is there anything else to look out for?

thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Hi Dale,
I don't know for sure, as I'm not up on the carbon seal used. but I would think that if it's not leaking water it should be good. But water being thicker than air I suppose it could draw air enough to give you cavitation problems and not leak. Can you pick up any water/dampness there on a dry paper towel?

You say the Impeller and wear ring are ok. Are you well inside the clearance tolerances? If your getting toward the outside tolerance it could also be your problem. A few thousands of an inch can make a big difference.

·
Super Moderator
5,032 Posts
I don't think the carbon seal is the issue. the clearance might be good, but are there any nicks in the impeller or grooves in the ring ? It prob couldn't hurt to replace the carbon ring. Def. don't want it failing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ive found that the front engine mount has gone as i can lift the engine up by hand but the rears are ok, im wondering if when im accelerating hard its tilting the front of the engine up and causing it to drag air in on the carbon ring?

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
ive found that the front engine mount has gone as i can lift the engine up by hand but the rears are ok, im wondering if when im accelerating hard its tilting the front of the engine up and causing it to drag air in on the carbon ring?
Dale, good catch. Unfortunately the only way to tell for certain will be to replace the mount and see what happens. But even if it doesn't it needed fixed anyway before it tore up the others.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts