Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions, Vx worked fine last weekend, this weekend the Vx would not start, actually the key fob would not lock or unlock. Replaced the battery in the fob, no change. Checked fuses and a 30 Amp fuse was blown, replaced the fuse and the Vx started. Next time I went out to use the Vx (the same day), the key fob would not do anything (lock or unlock), again Vx acts like it is dead, i.e no power to anything. I checked all fuses and they are fine.

Any ideas? Help would be appreciated. I've run out of ideas, may have to go to the dealer this week. Usually I have taken care of everything, this one has me puzzeled!

Thanks, Jim

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Have you checked the battery in the ski? I'd try a different battery and have the old one load tested. There has to be sufficient juice there also to unlock the ski.

I'd also be concerned about what caused the fues to blow. Look for a short in the wiring harness.

After you do that if there is still a problem, take the seat off and hold the key fob under the dash (close to the receiver), and see if that will unlock the ski.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ernest, You are Correct! Thanks!

Exchanged battery with my other Vx and the engine started right up, thanks for the recommendation, now I just need to replace the battery rather than take the Vx to the dealer. thanks again!

I have another problem, the bilge pump has stopped working (300 hrs on the Vx) and I need to siphon the water out after each use. Any suggestions? I have not done any troubleshooting since I can easily siphon out the water and the kids generally just use it for short rides in front of the home.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
The bilge pump is pretty easy to replace, they are so cheap that I wouldn't even try to repair it. Check connections first, sometimes there may just be a loose wire. You can get a cheap Rule manual pump. With Yamaha, the bilge pump runs all the time when the motor is running.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey everyone, im new to the forums here, possibly because i just started having problems with my ski. I have a GP1300R waverunner, and have come across a similar problem... The security RFID fob battery died, and i reinstalled the battery in the fob, and now it must be "reprogrammed" from what i was told by an novice mechanic. Is it true that i must tow the ski and fob to the dealer for a reprogram, or can i take the title, and possibly personal ID to get it done by the VIN? The lake i am on in PA is almost an hour from any dealer, or able technician, and it only leaves the water for the winter season in PA. ANY input would be appreciated, im an avid car enthusiast, and hope to pick up some knowledge on PWC's from this forum!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts