Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I just purchased a new Yamaha FZR and want to put some sort of security system on it. I am thinking bout a GPS Tracking Device. Does anyone out there use any now that can tell me more about them.
I have a friend that has a "FIN"....I think the company is Find It Now USA???
He seems to love it but I am not sure how it works on pwc's........any help here???

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just wanted to share my recent purchase with all of you that live on the water...or not for that matter...I just purchased a GPS Tracking Device for my FZR and let me tell you..it is very cool...it sends me a message if it is moved....among other things it does.....I live on the water and have 2 teenagers...well...at 2:15am this morning I got a message on my phone that it was being moved...I got up and I saw it being ridden away in the darkness.....well..my 16 year old son thought him and his little girly friend were gonna sneak out on a ride to who knows where and doin who knows what......BUSTED...bad thing is he now knows I have a tracker on it ....pretty cool...check it out .... Find It Now USA - FindItNowUSA.com ..

·
Registered
811 Posts
What happens if it is stored in the off season with no battery to power it?

·
Registered
811 Posts
Ok, it appears to have a short battery back-up but no good for storage. Monitoring is $7.50/month after the first year.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I contacted them. There were no dealers in my area, so they said I'd have to buy it direct from them. Cost was $695, but they offered a discount making it $495 with free monitoring for the first year, then $7.50 per month.

Not bad, but I'm fully covered by insurance, so I've decided not to get one at this time.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just FYI.... I paid $699 for mine and it was installed by a Dealer...I called them and they told me they were offereing a $200 Instant Rebate if I would have been located in an area that did not have "Authorized FIN Dealers" which I guess would make it $499.00. Sucks about the $200 but I like mine anyway and I feel pretty safe with it installed.
I have good Insurance but then if it got stolen I am out the deductable,all the add ons I have and waiting for a claim and the cost of replacing...Insurance alone is not enough for me. I looked at a PWC that was stolen on FIN's website along with a news clip about it and that was enough to convince me...

·
Registered
811 Posts
It is frickin SPAM :spam: I have reported it but it is still up. Best thing is to report it:costumed-smiley-019 and hope they get rid of it :ashamed:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Very nice Mat12......mack12......maomao12
what else u sellin here...LOL

Think you might wanna stay on topic here

·
Registered
15 Posts
I remember that theft pwc101....The news report didn't get it quite right though. They would not let our Customer mention the name of FIN ( Find it Now ), our GPS Device, and it was us that was on the line with the Customer and Police when the recovery was made. They had 3 dudes surrounded, with guns drawn as they pulled up to a ramp pulling the stolen jet ski with another one. They had a truck with tandem trailer waiting at the dock. Caught them with bolt cutters and they had no clue how they got caught.
I think it was recovered in under 30 minutes......very quickly

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey pwc101..I tried to PM but for some reason I don't see it now.
Let me know when you will be back in our area as I have something for you

·
Registered
1 Posts
New on here but not to PWC's or the FIN. Have one on my ski and it really is the best thing I have done. Gives me peace of mind knowing that no one can move my ski without me knowing it. I they do i will know where to send the cops to get it back withing minutes. Dont have to wait for the police to find it which we all know is not going to happen until it is stripped. Hello fin man this is john form wichita

1 - 20 of 24 Posts