Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to buy my first pwc - have been saving while employed overseas for a year - I am settled on Yamaha, and I need technical unbiased opinions on whether the SHO compared to the HO is worth it. My criteria for determining this doesn't include just the cost - - in fact the cost isn't a big deal in this scheme of things - - I also am interested in whether the supercharger will give me maintenance headaches a year or two down the road. Also, any other experience you all can share with me comparing the two I'd appreciate.
This will be used exclusively in a large freshwater lake; mixed use, sometimes pulling skiers / tubers, sometimes just cruising / playing with the wife.

Thank you all --- "MP"

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Thanks for your service!

About the only real difference is the speed factor between the two. The SHO is faster out of the box and has many more upgrade options to make it go even faster than are available for the HO. The ride, pulling power, and other features are identical between the two. Maybe a little more maintenance with the supercharger, but it wouldn't prevent me form buying one. I think the SHO is somewhat of an aardvark. The guys that really want to go fast are getting the FZR/FZS and skipping the SHO anyhow.

If 65 mph is fast enough for you, I'd definitely recommend the FXHO over the SHO. You will save money up front and every time you fill it up, since the gas mileage is significantly better than what your will get on the SHO.

·
Registered
4 Posts
HO or SHO

I did plenty of research and ended-up buying a 2010 HO. It is very fast and has plenty of power, the only difference is out of the gate, so if you are not racing I do not think you will be unhappy with the HO. Let me know if you have further questions about the HO.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I went through the exact same decision making a few months back. In the end I went with the FX HO. I couldn't be happier with it. I tow tubers and skiers with it, as well as just cruise around my local lake. It's way more than enough machine for that type of use. Not to dismiss the speed thing either. It's borderline scary fast in my opinion.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts