Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to purchase two waverunners for my kids (16&21).... finding there are many other things to consider (lol) like how to dock....

What are the benefits and drawbacks of shorestations and floating docks?

How hard is it to get off a waverunner and hoist it up on a shorestation?

I'm looking for something that is most convenient and easy to use yet will keep the runners somewhat clean.

Price IS a factor. I found two shorestations for $800 but I'll have to pay for a truck rental.

How good is the model "Sportport" for a floating dock? I have someone who wants $800 a piece for theirs which seems quite pricey to me. Also, one is slightly cracked...I heard this is really bad but the mfg site garuntees they won't sink and the owner states it can be repaired with a heat gun?

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
If you are getting big heavy skis (like the newer 4 strokes), look for floating docks with rollers. They are a PITA to get on and off the older style docks without the rollers. Not so much of a problem with older skis which are lighter. Also make sure the dock will get the rear end of the ski out of the water. I also recommend one that has enough room on the edges to walk around........very helpful for fueling, putting the cover on, etc.. If you are buying new skis, expect to see some scratches on the hull from driving it on and off the dock.......not a factor with used skis, which will already have the bottoms scuffed. Or you can install a Keelguard. My marina uses EZ Docks, and the new ones with the rollers are a pleasure to use. Don't know about Sportport.

Don't know about the Shorestation. I've seen them around, but I'd say more people on my lake use the drive on floating docks. The Shorestation looks pretty good, but I'd say it would be much more difficult to set up, and then you have lots of moving parts to maintain.........break.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts