Personal Water Craft Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a coworker that is selling their 97 sea doo spx. From what I've been told it's been sitting for 2 years and ran when parked. It takes on water when stationary but not when moving. It has a small gel coat scratch. Don't know how many hours are on it but it seems like it was well used. It has the bombardier 2 stroke engine at 110 hp. I'm very mechanical and wouldn't have an issue working on it just need a better opinion as I've never had a jet ski before. He wants 750 as is.
Plant Grass Tree Landscape Lawn

Yellow Grass Plant Landscape Personal protective equipment

Plant Plant community Tree Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies Land lot

Boat Wheel Watercraft Plant Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies

·
Registered
1 Posts
That price is right.. The trailer alone is nearly worth it if the trailer is in good working condition. IF you are buying it for a project, you enjoy taking apart and fixing things and want to refurb it or at least get it in solid, safe working order its the perfect candidate for a garage project fixer upper…. IF on the other hand you want to simply get it running so you and/or your family can use I would shy away as a 25 year old water craft is going to be headache after headache.. ESPECIALLY if its been a salt water craft…

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input. I'm going to skip this one. Was looking at it as a project to flip but don't think it will be worth the money or headache. Owner also doesn't seem confident that it will run.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts