Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, newbie here and I just purchased a 1998 Shuttle Craft Jet Sport for cheap. Seemed like a good deal at the time however I have found that my 2003 Yamaha XLT 800 will not fit unless I have a specific rail kit :smilie_help:

Is there ANYONE out there with a rail kit that can fit my ski??? The manufacture is giving me the run around, say they can't make me a rail kit because they are in between selling the company to someone else! PLEASE HELP!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am in the same boat (no pun intended) as you. My Jet Sport came with rails for a Kawasaki ZXI. The guy I bought it from attempted to make carpeted wood rails, for a 3 person SeaDoo, which is what I have, he failed twice and now I have it. =)

I was looking at the newer sport deck, and they don't have interchangeable rails, they adjust. I am gathering as much info on the adjusting rail system and will attempt to recreate it on my Jet Sport.

I have also contacted the manufacturer to see if we can buy rails, or their mold, or a adjustable setup. But no response.

I just came across this, Home Page , looks like the company that ended up buying shuttlecraft. Maybe they can help us?

My brother in-law does fiberglass, I might just pay him to make some using the ZXI rails as a template.

I don't know where to go with all my ideas, ideally I could find someone with a SeaDoo 3 kit that needs Kawasaki ZXI rails. But what are the chances of that. =(

·
Registered
1 Posts
Still in need of rail kit? I purchased my Jet Sport with Yamaha rails and replaced with SeaDoo rails. I believe they will fit your boat. They are stored deep in my garage attic with the rail model noted. With the temperature being 100 degrees and the attic being much greater... I don't want to chance dying if you've already gotten rails. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still in need of rail kit? I purchased my Jet Sport with Yamaha rails and replaced with SeaDoo rails. I believe they will fit your boat. They are stored deep in my garage attic with the rail model noted. With the temperature being 100 degrees and the attic being much greater... I don't want to chance dying if you've already gotten rails. :)
YES! I will PM you my phone number. THANKS!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ematthew, are you still there? Do you need time to find the rail kit or did you change your mind? Please respond or something.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, newbie here and I just purchased a 1998 Shuttle Craft Jet Sport for cheap. Seemed like a good deal at the time however I have found that my 2003 Yamaha XLT 800 will not fit unless I have a specific rail kit :smilie_help:

Is there ANYONE out there with a rail kit that can fit my ski??? The manufacture is giving me the run around, say they can't make me a rail kit because they are in between selling the company to someone else! PLEASE HELP!
I know this need has long past. Just putting out there for someone else that may need a set of used (but in no way bruised) older model Kawasaki XLT Shuttlecraft rails. They came attached to my Shuttlecraft and I have since replaced them with Seadoo rails. Was hanging onto them just in cased I changed PWC's but I recently sold both my Shuttlecraft and Seadoo. Ed @ 734-397-8153 Canton Michigan.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts