Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 Daytona that runs great but likes to bounce a lot. Even on smooth water sometimes it will start bouncing and wont quite unless you slow down or turning side to side will calm it down. My barracuda does not do this at all. It has trim, wondering if it could be out of adjustment or is the flat bottom doing it. Has anyone else had this problem? Any help would be great. Thanks Frog

·
Registered
5 Posts
I hope your still watching this thread.
If not here it is anyways.

I read in July 5, 1995 TigerShark Service News Page 20 that ...
"Porpoising and Trim Motors
We have discovered that many of the trim nozzles are not adjusted to give the necessary 8° up and 8° down. If a customer complains about riding difficulties, particularly porpoising, even when the watercraft is trimmed all the way down, it is possible the nozzle may not be trimmed down far enough to overcome the porpoising.
To check for proper range of movement, level the watercraft; then, place an angle finder (p/n 0644-097) over the opening of the nozzle. With the trim indicator at neutral, the angle should be 0°. Check the angle trimmed completely up and down. Each angle should max out at 8°. ...
To adjust the nozzle ... remove the heim joint from the nozzle end of the trim push rod; then install the heim joint on the trim cable 5 turns. This should give the required range of movement down.
NOTE: One turn on the heim joint equals 1° of nozzle adjustment."

Enjoy the long post.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts